Ideal Welsummer?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by jaboo81, Jan 14, 2010.

1. jaboo81

jaboo81 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2009
    New Braunfels TX
    I live in TX, and planning to make an order with Ideal. I was just wondering if anyone has ever gotten any
    Welsummers from them? and what did they think about them?

2. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    I got 2 Welsummers last April from Ideal and I am really happy with them. They both started laying about a month ago and I like the egg color. I traded one to a friend so she could get some dark eggs also. Yesterday and got a nice large dark egg.

Here is Willow at about 5 months. She has filled out a lot since then.
    [​IMG]

And here is a pic of some of my eggs from a few weeks ago. The Welsummer eggs are the 3 darker ones in the middle. The eggs have continued to get a more solid darker color since.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
  3. CANDLE98

CANDLE98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2008
    Meridian Idaho
    sunangel,
    where did those blue eggs come from? i also am interested in getting some welsummers from ideal this spring. no one around here has any, and i think that i could become a local breeder for the dark egg layer.

4. jaboo81

jaboo81 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2009
    New Braunfels TX
    that is awesome thanks for the info. the bird and eggs r beautiful!!

5. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Quote:The blue eggs are pullet eggs from my Splash and Blue Ameraucanas. They just started laying a few weeks ago, but the egg color is pretty.

6. wing it

wing it Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2009
    long island
    I got welsummer 4 hens from them last fall, not laying yet. They are great birds, all came very healthy. Out 20 chicks no loss. all are very friendly. Would buy from them again.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by