1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

ideal

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by sailor_v, Feb 17, 2008.

1. sailor_v

sailor_v Out Of The Brooder

Nov 11, 2007
    california
    ok i was browsing around on ideal and i was looking at their minnium order and it said their is no minnium order so i want to get my self clear,so they allow small orders?

2. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    yes they do. but you have to buy a heat pack for over $25.00 which is not bad. I am going to order soon

3. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    I ordered last year, they had a min dollar amount of $25 at that time. I ordered 11 chicks and got 8 (they didn't have the welsummers I wanted)

4. twosisters

twosisters Out Of The Brooder

Feb 14, 2008
    Louisiana
    I placed an order from Ideal last week - received a message confirming delivering and wanted me to know that they would place random/unknown chicks - for warmth - they gave me the option of refusing those, but you void your guarantee from them, so they gave option of purcahsing insurance.

There is a post in one of the forums from Ideal...I will try to find it.

5. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    When I just ordered it was minimum of $20 but just remember the smaller the order the better chance you have of getting packing peanuts (male chicks added for warmth).

inuyashalover21...I think your confusing Ideal with My Pet Chicken. Ideal doesn't send out heat packs...they use male chicks for warmth when necessary.

6. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Quote:thank you for correcting me. I think ideal said you can refuse roosters.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2008
  7. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    Yup you can refuse them, but it voids the live chick guarantee. I personally wouldn't refuse the extra roos, it's better to be safe then end up with a bunch of frozen chicks.

8. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    agreed. [​IMG]

9. sailor_v

sailor_v Out Of The Brooder

Nov 11, 2007
    california
    thanks.

i would want the extra roos for warmth.i dont want frozen chicken.but i i a question about how will i know whick are the roos

maybe i will order from them instead of mypetchicken.com.they got 3 important breed i really want and maybe order 2 or 4 ducks

Last edited: Feb 23, 2008
  10. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    The roos will be different then they girls that you ordered. say you got cochin hens. the roos would be NN or something

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by