Ideal

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by jtallant, Sep 14, 2012.

1. jtallant

jtallant Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2012
    OK
    I am so disappointed. I ordered SF from Ideal (said were available) back in August and they just arrived this a.m. and they didn't include even ONE SF. When I called they said that they didn't have any so they sent me a bunch of Leghorns, said they were sorry they guess they forgot to call so I could see if I could change/hold my order or whatever we could do. I have ordered from Ideal in the past with no issues several times, but this makes me rethink ever ordering again from them. Now I have 8 male chicks that I don't want and don't need. At least the ducks are right breeds.

2. thebanthams

thebanthams Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2010
    Safford, Arizona
    I hear that a lot ! I never want to order them, Im sorry you had to go through this ! I dont think most business know what they are doing and you NEVER know what your gonna get !

3. wayne813

wayne813 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2012
    florida
    omg!! i cant believe this.... i just ordered from their to cause i raise bantams mostly and needed self blue oegb hensi hope they come in u got me worried....

4. jtallant

jtallant Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2012
    OK
    I must amend that statement above about the ducks being right. I ordered non-crested blue swedish and received 1 crested black swedish and 1 non-crested black swedish, ordered 4 females and received 3 males. Two are Pekin, which I did order, but both are males. Ideal has officially lost a customer, which I suppose in the larger scheme of things really doesn't matter to them as I am not a large business, but still it is frustrating, I could have saved a few bucks by ordering straight run if that is what I was going to get.

5. 20736

20736 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2012
    There are plenty of other hatcheries around.
    You don't need the aggravation.

I will put them on my don't recommend/don't purchase list.

6. mychickenbrood

mychickenbrood Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2012
    Central Valley CA.
    This may not apply to you, but I thought it might be good to remind people, and especially for new folks, that some hatcheries ask if they can substitute or not. So when ordering, we should look for that link. I do not know if this applies to Ideal and don't mean to offend anyone. Just thought it would be a good way to remind other chicken raisers of the possibility.

So sorry about the chicks and ducks not being what you ordered. They should at least reimburse you. It costs a lot to raise these little buggers. You should at least get your money back, inc. shipping.

7. wayne813

wayne813 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2012
    florida
    i ordered 6 self blue oegb and they sent those + like 20 other chicks heres the pics
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    The other chicks are most likely males used as "packing peanuts", sent along for warmth. What are you gonna do with them?
    I think Ideal is a pretty good hatchery, considering most orders I have made with them. [​IMG]

9. CluckyCharms

CluckyCharms Chillin' With My Peeps

using baby chicks as packing peanuts??[​IMG]

10. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    Unfortunetly, yes. [​IMG] That's not right at all! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by