Ideal's Assorted Bantams?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by AJ916, Jul 9, 2015.

1. AJ916

AJ916 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 4, 2015
    Finally got the call from the P.O. and went to pick up my lil chicks! I got the 9 assorted straight run bantams I ordered and ten packing peanuts, all healthy and happy! One appears to be acting a little weak, but I've seperated her since I noticed and began giving her a vitamin solution. However, I have no clue what I got! Any ideas?

Chick #1. Definitely a silkie with 5 toes. No clue what type maybe partridge?
    [​IMG]

Chick #2. Dark brown with feathered feet. I have no clue what it might be
    [​IMG]

Chick #3. The chick that began acting weak awhile ago. Has clean legs, no clue what it is
    [​IMG]

Chick #4. Yellow like a small duckling, feathered feet. No markings or beards. Has no extra fluff on head
    [​IMG]

Chick #5. Pure white, clean legs and no markings
    [​IMG]

Chick #6. The smallest one, ridiculously small. White with black speckles on feathers on wings.
    [​IMG]

Chick #7. Small and light brown, clean legs. No markings
    [​IMG]

Chick #8. Black with yellow spot on head and wings and butt. Feathered legs
    [​IMG]

Chick #9. Black with white marks on face, and wings. Clean legs. Couldn't get a good picture, she kept hopping around.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Peanuts with some of the bantams. Any ideas on peanuts? Red-sex link? RIR?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  2. Indyshent

Indyshent Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2014

3. AJ916

AJ916 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 4, 2015
    Chick #1 does have black skin, thank you! I suspected #9 was an Australorp! They Carry them as banties. Thank you! Anyone else with suggestions on the others?

4. Monkeybean415

Monkeybean415 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2014
    Juneau, AK
    I don't know but they're adorable. I was thinking of ordering some bantams from them soon. Is that how they do the $25 minimum instead of a given number of chicks? They just add in packing peanuts at no charge?

5. AJ916

AJ916 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 4, 2015
    I know right! They are so cute!
    Yes, they add packing peanuts for free the amount depending upon the weather, climate, and amount ordered. They are simply for the other chicks warmth, but they are almost always males and are usually barred rocks, RIR, or red sex linked. They might use others but ive never heard of it yet atleast. Sometimes one may be sexed wrong but its rare. So im assuming ive just recieved ten male chicks along with my order.

6. Rhodebar Lover

Rhodebar Lover Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2015
    Up North
    Probably Production Reds

7. AJ916

AJ916 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 4, 2015
    Thank you! I am so glad you all are knowledgeable on this!

8. Monkeybean415

Jan 15, 2014
    Juneau, AK
    How are your banties doing? I'm expecting 25 next week and am really excited about them. Never had bantams before except for the one my broody hen hatched that's a few weeks old now but it doesn't let me get very close and is almost definitely a roo

9. AJ916

AJ916 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 4, 2015

They're wonderful! All still alive and healthy, I was worried when they were shipped if I would recieve any DOA's. But all were healthy as can be! I prefer Bantams, did you order the assortment?

10. Monkeybean415

Jan 15, 2014
    Juneau, AK
    Glad to hear it! I got the feathered leg assortment

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by