1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ideas for chicken Christmas card photo?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by mprivett, Nov 15, 2012.

1. mprivett

mprivett Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2010
    Chatham County, NC
    Hey everyone!

So a few years ago my husband and I took a 'family' photo of us sitting on our front porch holding our three Dominique chickens, and used the photo for our Christmas card. Well, it was a HUGE hit. People thought it was hilarious to get all the other cards in the mail being pics of families, or their kids, or dogs, and then there's us with our chickens, hehe!

Here was the pic:

[​IMG]

Anyway, we want to do another chicken Christmas card photo but are at a loss as to what to do this year. We want to do something creative, maybe only have just the chickens in the photo?? Or put big bed bows on them? Or decorate their coop? Any ideas from y'all that have done this before would be helpful! Thank you!! :)

2. TBowman

TBowman Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2012
    Lone Oak, TX
    You could build a little sleigh and have the "reinhens" pulling it. :)

3. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    Make them wear little elf costumes or santa claus costumes! Mwuhahaha!

4. Crafty-Duck

Crafty-Duck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2012
    Lucky Duck Pond
    I was thinking the same thing[​IMG]

5. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Put them on the top of the Christmas tree with little Santa Claus toques! [​IMG]

6. mprivett

mprivett Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2010
    Chatham County, NC
    Hahaha! Those are all cute ideas! I really love the one of with the sleigh :D hmmmm I will have to maybe try that one......

7. specklesmom

specklesmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    Texas
    Have them sitting on Santa's knee, telling him what they want for Christmas.

8. Crafty-Duck

Crafty-Duck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2012
    Lucky Duck Pond
    I like it[​IMG] you guys could dress up like Mr and Mrs.Clause [​IMG] and be in the picture too!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by