ideas for food and water

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by pharmchickrnmom, May 12, 2010.

1. pharmchickrnmom

pharmchickrnmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2010
    My husband is almost finished building out chicken tractor. [​IMG] Since it will be moved every other day or so, I am looking for ideas for feeders and waterers inside the tractor. I was thinking of hanging something which would prevent the chickens making a mess. We are newbies so any suggestions would be helpful. Our tractor is 4x8 and will have 8 residents soon![​IMG] What have you done in your tractors?[​IMG]

2. JMPE

JMPE Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2009
    Western Wisconsin
    I have a 2 gallon bucket with 2 nipples screwed into the bottom for my 5 girls. I love it because the water in always clean. You can get the nipples from FarmTek or http://www.avianaquamiser.com/chickennipple/ has the nipples and completed waterers (they have pictures if you are scratching your head right now). If you have the height to use one, I would highly recommend it.

Not sure about a feeder. We use a PVC pipe feeder. There are several designs on various post in the forum. Just do a search.

Good luck!

3. JMPE

JMPE Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2009
    Western Wisconsin
  4. Lollipop

Lollipop Chillin' With My Peeps

5. ChrisS_NC

ChrisS_NC New Egg

Mar 25, 2009
    Raleigh, NC

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by