Ideas for Gift Baskets...... and/or General Gift Ideas. Help Please!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by lockedhearts, Nov 26, 2008.

1. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    My family is getting increasingly hard to buy for and I loathe gift cards.
    I was going to put together some baskets. Such As:
    Mom & Dad - they both take several vitamins (E, C etc) each day so thought about buying them a couple bottles of each, since they are retired thought this would make sense, but wanted to add some other things. My dad likes Tractors and Trains and farm equipment. My mom, Lord only Knows...... movies?

My sister and BIL- Thinking maybe movie tickets, a DVD and popcorn, drinks etc

My Nephew- 26, a single teacher,
    My Niece- 23 , single still in school

My family is fairly religious too.

My Grandma, ?????? I have no clue, but she does have a VCR so am trying to find out what movies and 85 year old widowed woman would watch. She is also diabetic, but I thought Sugar Free Candy and she loves Diet Caffiene Free Mt Dew (Probably why she is still here at 85 [​IMG] )

My In Laws?????? OMG, they are impossible! They both have Food Allergies and my MIL can't have any Gluten and buys most of her bread, flours etc from a Health Food Store.

MY BIL, the middle Brother loves Wine, so I plan to do a Wine Themed basket for him. THe oldest, honestly I don't really know that well and he is recently widowed (last year)

Ideas are appreciated and maybe in this post if someone else is having problems coming up with ideas we can brainstorm

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

For the movie people: Go to the theater and ask for a large popcorn container - they usually just look at you funny and give it to you. Fill it with the snacks you would eat at the movies, red licorice, milk duds, etc., a couple cans of Coke, and a DVD. It works out really inexpensive and adorable.

The difficult in-laws: Tioletry products for both male and female, such as lotions, scrubbies, aftershave, etc. OR Wine, cheese and a souple glasses and a small pack of chocolate.

Grandma - it seems she is kinda hard to buy for at her age - make her a coupon book including coupons for making her a dinner, cleaning her house, spending time with her watching a movie etc.

3. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    My father-in-law can't drive any more, and lives about 10 hours away (by car). He sent me a Christmas card in May, with Happy Birthday written in before he signed it. That made me sad, that he has to use old cards for new needs. So....

He's getting a rubbermaid box filled with an assortment of notecards (featuring the different seasons), birthday cards, holiday cards, thank-you cards, post-it notes, magnetic list pads for the fridge, and 2 books of forever stamps.

I'm hoping this will make it easier for him to keep in touch with all the people he loves.

I'm giving it to him for his birthday (12/15) but on the 29th of this month. We'll see him for Thanksgiving. I'll let you know if he liked it or not....
    (DH got Pops a warm coat for Christmas.)

4. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Quote:Ok hope this helps, BUT anyone over the age of 18 in our family does NOT get a pressie (other than a Xmas Card!) it's been the ruling for many years and it's works very well. However this only relates to "children" as for your MIL or FIL,,, doubt they would need much other than the company of loved ones at Xmas times...token pressie should work really well (particularly in these times when we are all feeling th pinch.... xxxxx

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by