Ideas for my coop?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by freemare, Jun 19, 2016.

1. freemare

freemare Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2016
    So I have been working on this coop for the last few days. I am not super worried about the fence being so tall beacuse we have a outside fence that over 5 feet tall around the whole 2 acres so I am not worried about big things. Mostly hawks and such. Anyway. The coop is not dont yet, but I wanted to see what kind of ideas you guys might have. I plan on putting a arch over the top to grow some grape vines over the top.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Mr BrahmaRama

Mr BrahmaRama Out Of The Brooder

May 11, 2015
    Dubuque, Iowa
    My Coop
    If your worried about attacks from above, you could drape some bird netting over the top. You'd just need to add some support posts in the middle of the run, Think of it like a mesh circus tent. This would be a easy temporary measure until you can get the permanent structure finished. Good luck.

The bird netting can be had pretty cheap at any home and garden shop. I picked up a roll from amazon on the cheap. https://www.amazon.com/Easy-Gardene...8&qid=1466354705&sr=8-5&keywords=bird+netting

3. freemare

freemare Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2016
    I do have some of the bird netting on the one half. Trying to get it worked out . I do plan on putting a large post in the middle, once I did a hole for it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by