Ideas on breed?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by jandmeg07, May 31, 2008.

1. jandmeg07

jandmeg07 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2008
    Cheboygan, MI
    We got our 4 chicks and 1 roo from our local feed store. Our rooster is black with a white stripe on his head. Our girls *hopefully* are deep gold and yellow. The man who helped us said the girls will grow up to be red/brown. I've been reading many of the old posts and maybe the girls are Bovans? No idea what our roo is. Does anyone have an idea? We'd appreciate any info you have! Thanks so much and again, we are so happy that we've found this forum!

~Megan

2. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Pics would be helpful in determining what they are. The roo sounds like it could be a barred rock. The girls could be almost anything with out seeing them - buff orpington, red sexlinks, etc. Do you know where the feed store got them?

Jody

3. jandmeg07

jandmeg07 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2008
    Cheboygan, MI
    Thanks for the response! [​IMG] Here are a couple pics. We don't know where the feed store got them. On a couple of the girls, the darker golden runs in streaks down their backs, if that makes any difference. Whatever breed they are, they sure are the sweetest little things and have been such a great addition to our family. [​IMG]

[​IMG][/img]

[​IMG][/img]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by