Ideas please, Suggestions for home decor items wanted.......

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Pumpkinpup, May 4, 2009.

1. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    I am painting a chicken theme on items for the home to offer at a swap I am helping host in June. I would like to know if you were to buy a small hand painted item to decorate your home, what would it be?

I am currently making little wooden racks to hang your keys on. What else? Any suggestions?

Last edited: May 4, 2009
  2. tdgill

tdgill Chillin' With My Peeps

a box to hook up over the outlet to charge cell phones with cords neatly tucked away.....maybe it could look like a little coop. a kitchen trash bin outa wood that looks like a coop maybe.

Last edited: May 4, 2009
  3. Crazy4cochins

Crazy4cochins Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2008
    NW MO
    Hi, I love to decorate too. I bought two small canvases with a chicken sitting on an old chair as in like a fancy chair.
    they are really cute, plus it would be pretty inexpensive to do. People are also going to like it if there's a few sizes like xtra sml, sml,med ect.. because alot of people want a grouping of the item.
    Good luck:)

4. Missouri chick

Missouri chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Homer, GA
    I like vases or water pitchers. A lot of people use roosters in the kitchen, so paint ANYTHING kitchen releated. Even inexpensive antique pots/pans, cutting boards,,,,,,,wooden spoons.

What about bathroom items,,,,soap dispencer, trashcans, toothbrush holder.

5. Pumpkinpup

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    Those are all good ideas! Keep 'em coming folks [​IMG]

6. Missouri chick

May 15, 2008
    Homer, GA
    Mirrors, glass candle holder, picture frame--paint the glass a solid color and chicken over that.

7. shortcake1806

shortcake1806 Sassy McSassington

Sep 11, 2007
    I love mixing bowls. They're functional and pretty, if you could paint some plain ones of those and make them washing safe that would be cool.

8. Missouri chick

May 15, 2008
    Homer, GA
    Quote:good idea! [​IMG]

9. Pumpkinpup

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    Quote:good idea! [​IMG]

Hmmm.... that would be a tough one to do [​IMG] I'd have to think on that one a bit.

10. dragracer

dragracer Out Of The Brooder

Jul 25, 2008
    Kansas
    I have an old kitchen cabinet door I bought at an antique store someone painted a rooster on. Also windows and bread boxes. I agree with anything kitchen related. Tiles as coasters are also good. You can even deco pictures or fabric on them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by