Ideas please?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Hollywood Chickens, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Hollywood Chickens

Hollywood Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Florida
    I have six 5 gal. FDA food grade bucket and lids. I am hoping to make 2 feeders for 30 chickens that goats can't get into and maybe a goat feeder also. Also I have a 3 gal waterer but I am hoping to make one for goats.
    Last time I tried this I ruined 2 buckets.

I really want to get this done by January 9th since I will be out all day for my sisters wedding! [​IMG]

Thank you!

2. Hollywood Chickens

Mar 12, 2009
    Florida
    anyone? I have seen some great ones on the contest page, but none that are goat proof.

3. churchx3

churchx3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2010
    Georgia
    In order to make it goat proof the chicken feed needs to be kept in a "chickens only area." Goats will do whatever they can to get to the chicken feed...I have two and they are masters at trying every which way to get to the coops....and chicken feed is harmful to goats. That is the only goat proof idea I personally know.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
  4. Hollywood Chickens

Mar 12, 2009
    Florida
    [​IMG] that's tough since they share the run.

5. Intheswamp

Intheswamp Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    South Alabama
    Could you build a small enclosure for the feeder with the entrance only the size of a pop door so that the chickens can enter but the goats can't? You could build a people door into it for filling the feeder or whatever.

Ed

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by