1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Idenity crisis:)possible sussex!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Domestic_goddess, May 7, 2011.

1. Domestic_goddess

Domestic_goddess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Utah
    I have 4 of these white chicks, they were about 10 or so weeks in these pics. Do you think they might be a light sussex mix? What else could they be mixed with? They are the sweetest most docile birds I've ever owned. One of them follows me around the yard and as soon as I sit down jumps right into my lap and loves to be held, it's the cutest thing ever! I'll have to get a better pic of her later.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also I have a little Roo...he's smaller then all the rest and his tail feathers are very long, probably a good 5 or so inches, any ideas? I'm wondering if he's some kind of bantam mix!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

P.s. sorry for such large photos! and by the way...I know the genders!

Last edited: May 7, 2011
  2. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    They could be Light Sussex mix,the leg colors and the brown/red leaking through tells us its mixed.No telling what the other one is.
    Where did you get them all from?

3. Domestic_goddess

Mar 26, 2009
    Utah
    I know they are mixed, I was just wondering if they look like they have sussex in them. I got them for a lady who had an ad in the paper selling day old chicks.

4. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    They look like Columbian Rock cross.
    I would also say that all but one were all Roosters..

Chris

Last edited: May 7, 2011
  5. Domestic_goddess

Mar 26, 2009
    Utah
    Quote:Thank you, I hadn't thought of Columbian Rocks.....very well could be. Thank you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by