Identify and help please

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Fonss, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Fonss

Fonss Hatching

Jan 19, 2018
    I found a baby chick about two or three months ago and started raising it, the chick didn't immediately warm up to me but now it's not afraid of me and trusts me. I have zero information or any kind of idea about chicken in general, the decision to raise her was impulsive. Can anyone help me identify her breed and give me some must know tips?

She was not in a mood to get pics clicked so sorry for the poor quality :confused:

Attached Files:

2. Orpingtons43

Orpingtons43 Songster

Dec 27, 2017
    Alabama
    She kinda looks like an Easter Egger.

N Sully likes this.
  3. Gray Farms

Gray Farms Crowing

Apr 11, 2016
    NW Missouri
    Crossbred.

N Sully and DwayneNLiz like this.
  4. Squishychicken

Squishychicken Songster

Oct 13, 2017
    my guess is either easter egger or cross bred could you get a side standing pic?

5. kumquat

kumquat Songster

Dec 13, 2017
    PNW
    :welcome Glad you joined us! You've found a great community with amazing support and resources. Thank you for having the kindness to rescue her - its wonderful that you've gained her trust!

You asked if anyone had an important tips as you embark on your chicken journey. The learning center (found under the Articles tab) has loads of useful information on raising chickens. You might start with Raising Chickens 101 and Advice. Also the site's search feature is quite robust and reading through previous threads is a fantastic way to learn as you go. A lot of acronyms get used on the forums, see here for definitions.

Chickens are inherently flock animals; for your chicken's sake you may want to consider adding to your flock: Keeping a single hen alone? If you do decide to introduce flock mates for your chicken, the most recommended approach is the "See But Don't Touch" method.

Good luck!

N Sully likes this.
  6. Hazelbunny

Hazelbunny Songster

Jan 19, 2018
    Ontario, canada
    We have chickens that look almost exactly like That! We have amerucanas that look like your chicken, maybe she is one.

N Sully likes this.
  7. Squishychicken

Squishychicken Songster

Oct 13, 2017
    I almost can 100% say that your amerucana is an Easter egger...could you get a pic? We're did you get her?

N Sully likes this.
  8. Hazelbunny

Hazelbunny Songster

Jan 19, 2018
    Ontario, canada
    I don't have a picture of her but one of my chickens look like this one except she has a poof on both of
    her cheeks

9. Squishychicken

Squishychicken Songster

Oct 13, 2017
    we're did you get her from?

10. Crazy for Chickens!

Crazy for Chickens! And Nuts For Horses!

Jun 9, 2017
    N.W. Missouri
    Could you get a clear pic of her comb? It looks likes single, which would indicate something else, as EEs have pea combs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: