Identify laced mix breed cross

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by iguanasal, Mar 14, 2013.

1. iguanasal

iguanasal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2013
    USA
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I need help in I'd the genetics here I don't want to breed this bird I have it for ornamental and eggs only but I would like to know what it has in its history I got it at a feed store someone had taken it there no history I'm not sure if it is a boy or a girl any help would be appreciated thanks for chiming in

2. iguanasal

Jan 28, 2013
    USA
    [​IMG]
    It has five toes on each foot not really spaced on the last two and has blue black skin

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  3. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    a very pretty silkie cross hen

1 person likes this.
  4. iguanasal

Jan 28, 2013
    USA
    I thought so my question is w what is it crossed w to get the lacing and tail etc

5. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    my first thought was polish cross but after reading what you said its a silkie cross. Now it might be a polish/silkie cross, but I would think that this cross would produce a more polish like crest. Now as for the lacing, that could come from any laced bird

6. farmerChef

farmerChef Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    silkie/silver sebright? looks like a pullet

7. Kev

Kev Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    yeah silkie sebright mix. very likely second or third generation from cross of silkie and sebright then the next generations were either mixed together or bred back to pure sebright. either way will make lots birds more or less like her.

8. iguanasal

Jan 28, 2013
    USA
    I saw the pic of the bird u have it is very similar exempt for the face mine has no red like the polish
    I have a silkie cross that has the same looking face but no lacing interesting that u believe it is a silkie or sebright cross I can breed her to my silkies and maybe get furry birds that will tell me she is indeed a silkie mix as far as the lacing I'm not sure who she got it from I also have a frizzle I can put her with but really I just liked her I don't think I will hatch any eggs from her soon as these mix birds ultimately become sacrifice animals round my town so I only want to allow hatch pure strain or frizzled birds that can b rehomed

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by