Identify This Chick

FlyAnywayAJ

Songster
6 Years
Aug 5, 2017
I have acquired this unwanted month old chick because "Dad" is unknown and she breeds silkies. I know that "Mom" is a black bearded silkie. Legs are dark grey with no feathers and the skin is pink. Tiny crown is yellow-ish. Also a very good flier! It's about the same size (maybe slightly smaller) and much less fluffy than it's "siblings" of the same age. Just starting to get gold feathers around the shoulders and throat areas.
Any thoughts?
BTW It doesn't matter to me, I have a barnyard mix, I'm mostly just curious.
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3490.JPG
    IMG_3490.JPG
    286.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3491.JPG
    IMG_3491.JPG
    249.6 KB · Views: 19
Aww!!!!:love so cute!!

I agree, I think it would be a good idea to call them. It's kind of hard to identify what the rooster was based off the chick, but she sure is cute!:love:love

Ya, knowing what all kind of roosters she have... we can probably make a good guess based on the clues. Definitely cute... hope it IS a girl! :love :pop

She doesn't know as she only has silkies which she breeds. She figures a neighbour's chicken flew into her coop, did his thing and flew away.
She thinks there are dutch bantams not too far away which she says are flighty so she thinks that is possible, but can't say for sure.
Colouration is starting to change now, getting gold feathers around the neck/shoulders and a tiny yellow crown.
I am also hoping for a girl, but I haven't a clue! May have to wait until there's either an egg or a crow!

Attachments

• IMG_3513.JPG
    IMG_3513.JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 13

Back
Top Bottom