Identify this incubator!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Adam7, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Adam7

Adam7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2012
    Colorado Springs
    Found this for sale. Lady wants $40 for it can't give me any info on it other then it turns on and works. Any guess would be appreciated!! I have no idea it's worth or if it will work for chickens!

[​IMG]

2. Adam7

Dec 27, 2012
    Colorado Springs
    Any takers on a guess?? Any help would be great!

3. Adam7

Dec 27, 2012
    Colorado Springs
    Still hoping someone may have a guess!

4. Impress

Impress Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Gray, TN
    Sorry, I can't really tell a thing about it, the picture is just too close up and shoddy.

5. Adam7

Dec 27, 2012
    Colorado Springs
    Figured out what the incubator is. It is a medical incubator. boekel 131400. It's very hard to find any info on it. Everything I find online says it has a pilot light? Does that mean this is gas operated? It won't work for me if that's the case.

6. Adam7

Dec 27, 2012
    Colorado Springs
  7. dbcooper02

dbcooper02 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2007
    SW Washington
    That should work for hatching chicken eggs. The pilot light is just an indicator bulb that goes on and off along with the heating element to indicate weather it is heating or resting. Put some mass in there (like water filled bottles) and see if you can regulate the temperature to hold fairly steady at 99.5 degrees. If those are air vents in the top it should move enough air like a still air Styrofoam incubator. If not you might want to add a small computer fan to move and blend the air temperature throughout. A foil TV dinner, or similar, tray under the bottom rack will hold water to provide humidity. The more water surface the higher the humidity. Hand turn the eggs 3 or more times a day and have the brooder ready in about 3 weeks.

8. quintinp

quintinp Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    Yeah, this incubator should be suitable for hatching most all bird eggs. It probably doesn't have a window which will make it difficult to view the process of the chicks hatching. If you are in need of an incubator, I think this is a good one, but if you have one, I wouldn't mess with this one. The deal is pretty good, but it doesn't hold very many eggs, and has no viewing window, or egg turner.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by