Identify This Snake!! [pics]

DuckFanatic

Songster
13 Years
Jun 15, 2009
AZ
I lifted up the duck pool to dump it, looking to see if there was and big bugs to throw to the chickens. I didn't see anything until I turned and fast movement caught my eye. I turned around to see what I thought was a big worm and was in a state of chock when I realized this was no worm at all.. but a SNAKE!! So as quickly as I could, I got the feisty little guy contained and took some quick pics. If the pics don't show it well, it is green with a yellow stripe along it's back and black spots. It is pretty small, but feisty! Before I let it go (far away), i'd like to know what it is. I am thinking it is poisonous because of it's bright colors? Thanks.

34412_snake_ducks_and_anna_boo_112.jpg

idk wat it is dosnt look like the garter snakes here in PA mine are black with one yellow stripe. I would just be careful anyways.

Last edited:
I'm with Joe.....don't look like any garter snakes we have either. PLUS, the head is much larger than the body and diamond shaped. I cant say for certain what it is, but, I'd be very careful with it....and I ain't afraid of snakes!!!

has an AWFULLY wide/big head for any garter snake I've ever seen...
hu.gif
The garter snakes here are only 1 to 2' long, maximum, and heads are not much wider than the body. I'd err on the side of caution, just in case...
old.gif

I'm no herpetologist, but the shape of the head and body is an awful lot like our rattlesnakes. No rattles though.

Please don't try and relocate a snake unless you're certain of the species, we'd hate for you to get bitten!

Back
Top Bottom