Identifying a day old - Could it be a white frizzle cochin?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by mrsgibber, May 14, 2011.

1. mrsgibber

mrsgibber Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    Bolton, CT
    I can upload a pic soon but does anyone have pictures of a day old white cochin or white frizzle cochin? The one I had hatch came from a brown egg. It's yellow with some blueish coloring on top. Has feathered feet and yellow skin. One of the eggs I was given was from a white frizzle but I don't remember which egg that was. The other three that hatched from different eggs and were my Porcelian D'Uccle so I know that it's not one of those. I was also given splash silkie eggs but this chick doesn't have blue skin.

2. Paintedhorsegirl

Paintedhorsegirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2011
    I dont know what a day old frizzle looks like but Im really hoping to know soon...I have 24 frizzle eggs in the incubator, im on day 18..So lock down has begun...Hopefully I will have some frizzles soon...
    It dosent sound like a silkie if it dosent have the black skin...My guess would be frizzle..

3. mrsgibber

mrsgibber Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    Bolton, CT
    I sure hope so. They are awfully cute! Good luck with your little ones. [​IMG]

4. koakritters

koakritters Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2011
    Petaluma
    i don't have a white one, but this is my black one at 3-ish days old... hope it helps!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by