1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Identifying chicks breed

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by nana.chickies, Dec 15, 2010.

1. nana.chickies

nana.chickies New Egg

Dec 4, 2010
    Conroe, Texas
    Since being new to the chicks. I have raised these chicks from day 1 and do not know what breed they are. I bought them from a hatchery as an assortment. I did not receive anything stating any clue as to what they might be. Is there a site where I can look at pictures and compare them to determine their breeds? If so, can someone provide it for me? I would appreciate it.

Nana.chickies

2. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
  3. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    The easiest thing to do is to check the hatchery's website. That way you have an idea what breeds they offer, so you don't go on some wild goose chase on a breed the hatchery doesn't even offer! The websites usually have pictures of chicks and/or adult birds of their different breeds. OR, post picture here and we'll give our guesses!

4. Crickett B

Crickett B Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2010
    Blue Ridge Mountains
    [​IMG]

5. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    An even easier solution is to post pics of them here. [​IMG] There's a lot of really good chick experts on BYC who can tell you the breed just by looking at a photo of the chick.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by