Identifying help

KayBalor

Chirping
Sep 22, 2017
Essex, England
Hiya guys,

I'm new to this chicken keeping game and I would like some help with these little beauties please. Gender and breed if possible. Many thanks x

DSC_0021.JPG

At first glance the two birds look almost identical. But upon further inspection one of the pullets/hens has what appears to be a pea comb and feathered legs, while the other pullet/hen has a single comb and clean legs. I’m unsure of breed, I think that they’re mixes. They have very nice coloring though.

Thank you so much for your reply :) Do you think they are definitely both girls? I was also told they were a type of Bantam, so hopefully they won't get much bigger.

My bantam cochin is in love with them

I'm not surprised! They are absolute beauties! As someone else said, they appear to be mixes and whilst it is difficult to assess their size from a photo I would say that at 5 months, they are unlikely to grow much bigger. The pea combed one looks like she will be the first of them to lay. Good luck with them and please update us with photos of their first eggs.

I'm not surprised! They are absolute beauties! As someone else said, they appear to be mixes and whilst it is difficult to assess their size from a photo I would say that at 5 months, they are unlikely to grow much bigger. The pea combed one looks like she will be the first of them to lay. Good luck with them and please update us with photos of their first eggs.

Thank you, I will do :)

Back
Top Bottom