Identifying packing peanuts

LilyD

Crowing
12 Years
Jan 24, 2011
Bristol, VT
My Coop
My Coop
Can anyone tell me what breed my packing peanuts are? I ordered some light brahma pullets and I can tell which ones those are but they came with 11 chicks that I didn't order with reddish backs and white bellies and on some of them even their wings. I have never owned a chicken with these markings so I figured I would ask the experts.

77863_pic_0970.jpg

Quote:
I know that lol I am just wondering what breed they might be I have never seen the coloration before. They are red with white bellies orange feet and some have white wings.

If you go to the McMurray hatchery site, and look thru the breeds, there will be photos of chicks of the breeds they sell. You might be able to identify them there. As noted, they are almost 100% likely to be males unless their sexers made a mistake, and if they are a sex-linked breed (hybrids, male and female chicks can be differentiated by color/markings) you can be absolutely sure they are boys. If you must know, you could probably contact the hatchery and describe or send a picture and they can tell you what they are.

I got them from Ideal hatchery and was just curious I know RIR and Production reds are usually all red chicks these have a lot of white on their bellies.

Okay I talked to Ideal and they said they were production reds. I have never seen one with white wings and belly before though. They are super cute but don't seem as hearty as the Brahmas I ordered. The Brahmas are running around and the production reds are sitting under the light looking cold still. Temp in the brooder is good I think they just are still cold from the trip, but who knows.

Back
Top Bottom