1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Iditarod incident?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by KDOGG331, Mar 12, 2016.

1. KDOGG331

KDOGG331 Overrun With Chickens

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    ETA: My dad just corrected me and he said that the radio said 2 teams not 2 teens. That makes more sense haha sorry. till sad though

Anybody hear of the Iditarod crime?

I just heard on NPR that apparently some loser intentionally ran into two teens sleds running the Iditarod... killed a dog, injured 3. The ****????

Happened in some Yukon village, forget which one, and apparently the police think they found a suspect.

The other mushers are still continuing the race running to Nome I guess.

But what an awful awful incident :(

ALSO.

Apparently for the ceremonial start whenever that was I saw the news when it started but I guesz because there is like no snow this year they had to shorten the ceremonial start from 11 miles to 3 miles but were still gonna do the race.

Weird start to the Iditarod this year.

I normally don't kepe track and still don't but just happened to see/hear on news. I used to keep track though. I moght start again. Classic race.

Feel awful for those kids though :/

Hope the person responsible gets major jailtime. Especially cause it wasn't even just a drunk driver or something (though that'd be bad too), it was intentional. Who the **** intentionally runs over dogs?????

Sorry for the language (even though it gets censored anyway) but just makes me mad.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
  2. dainerra

dainerra Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
  3. KDOGG331

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Thanks for the info! I'll read about that. Maybe it wasn't two teens then and was just the guy but I thought the radio said the teen thing so maybe they got it wrong or maybe they were saying the suspects were teens or something. Or I misheard it. Not sure. Either way, it's sad

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
  4. KDOGG331

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Wait my dad just corrected me and he said that the radio said 2 teams not 2 teens. That makes more sense haha

5. KDOGG331

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Thanks for the link!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by