idk but MAYBE sour crop???

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by sxa024, Jan 29, 2013.

1. sxa024

sxa024 New Egg

Jan 29, 2013
    Hi ya, my 3 yr old hen started throwing up this afternoon. She has never done that before. My mom said her puke is a greenish color with what seems a bit of grass in it. Also it is a muddy brownish color. Both have a distinct smell. Im not sure what's wrong with her although from a bit of research it could be "sour crop". She has been pooping...as in solid black and white poop. We gave her some bread around 7ish and she ate it. We also tried giving her a tablespoon of yogurt but she threw that up as well.....we put her in her little house to sleep for the night. In the morning she will be checked again for any illness.
    Anyways sorry for rambling but idk what is wrong....i don't want her to get more ill so ANY help will be great. We're quite attached to Mimi and want her to be healthy again, so please help!

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  2. sxa024

sxa024 New Egg

Jan 29, 2013
    Well she threw up again this morning and has not been.able to sit down..... I know she must be very tired as well from not a good night sleep....

Any suggestions.....please?!?!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by