If anyone finds 5 chicks abandoned at a post office......

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Campine Lover, Jul 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Campine Lover

Campine Lover Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    Moss Beach, CA
    somewhere in/between Illinois or California, and are the following breeds: Campine, Houdan, Crevecoeur, Cochin banty, and D'Uccle, then please take good care of them for me. My order was lost in the mail. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I just hope someone has found them and they are safe.

2. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    OMGosh! I am so sorry!!! [​IMG]

What part of Cali? I am willing to call all the post offices around San Diego here if need be!

Poor things, I hope they are ok.

3. Campine Lover

Campine Lover Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    Moss Beach, CA
    San Francisco. But thanks for you help, i really appreciate it. I think they are coming to my post office sooner or later, but its been almost a week, so I'd rather they be at someone's home than sitting at some post office. I hope they are peeping if they come....

4. eggcited2

eggcited2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    Illinois
    Did you get them from a hatchery? The one I used said that if they do not arrive within a set number of days (I think 3 or 4), to call them and they would try to do a trace. They might be able to trace the poor babies down.

5. mommyofthreewithchicks

mommyofthreewithchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2010
    Minnesota
    If the post office has them they will know. Ours just came on Friday and the guy knew right away where it was and you could here them in the front [​IMG] I hope they get found Quickly! I would call the person who sent them as well in hopes that you can retrace the chicks steps.

Good luck!

6. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    Quote:I am afraid after 1 week in shipping I'd be afraid to open the box [​IMG] If they are day olds they won't make it that long with no food and water. I'd be screaming at the hatchery and the PO

7. 33yardbirds

33yardbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Southern New Jersey
    Is either the PO or Supplier going to make it right? I would think that it would fall on the USPS.

8. KDOGG331

KDOGG331 Chicken Obsessed

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    oh my gosh! I am so sorry! [​IMG] [​IMG] I hope the poor babies get found soon, Im so sorry! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  9. KatieV

KatieV Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2009
    This is so awful! [​IMG] [​IMG] I hope you hear something soon - and how does one lose a peeping box!!! [​IMG]

10. KentuckyChick

KentuckyChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    I keep checking back hoping you have gotten good news!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by