If anyone is near Monett, MO

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Remudamom, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Remudamom

Remudamom Chillin' With My Peeps

There is a family there that hatches out lots of different breeds of standard chicks, and sells them for $1 to $2. Tons of chicks.
    Salmon Faverelles, RIR, Welsummer, Barred Rock, Jersey Giants..........on and on.

2. Queen of the chickens

Queen of the chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2011
    Unionville, MO
    I am from Northern Missouri, but can't think where Monett is. Can you give me a reference point?

3. Remudamom

Monett is roughly 45 minutes east of Joplin.

4. Remudamom

I took 44 east out of Joplin, took exit 44, went round about for a while. They're actually pretty easy to find although for a while I was convinced I was lost.

5. Remudamom

I drove much longer than I thought I would (from SE Kansas) but I'm glad I went. They have ads on Craigslist frequently for different hatches and breeds. Only standard size.

But I had some errands I needed to do in Joplin so I thought I might as well keep going. Really glad I did. The chicks I got were from 3 days old to 2 weeks, and the prices were great.

6. Queen of the chickens

Oct 7, 2011
    Unionville, MO
    Opposite ends of the state. It would be about an 8 hour drive. Bummer. If I'm ever down that way, I may have to look them up.

7. Remudamom

I asked him if he ships, but no. It's too bad, his chicks are nice and they're cheap.

8. Queen of the chickens

Oct 7, 2011
    Unionville, MO
    Do you know if he has Lakenvelders, Spitzhaubens, or Silver Hamburgs?

9. Remudamom

I don't know what types he has, he hatches out different breeds at different times. I have his phone number if anyone wants it.

10. Remudamom

Whoops, double post.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by