1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

If i add a lil water to boost humidity by removing the vent Plug...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Chickiebabyfluff, May 14, 2011.

1. Chickiebabyfluff

Chickiebabyfluff Yappette in Training

Apr 13, 2011
    NorthEastern Ohio
    If i add a lil water to boost humidity currenty running 57-58 by removing the vent plug and puttin a straw in there will i shrink wrap anybody?? one baby is hatching now and i have 4 other pips

2. Nikkumz

Nikkumz Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Spanaway,WA
    Your humidity will rise as soon as baby gets the egg opened up a bit, how far along in the process is he/she

3. Nikkumz

Mar 24, 2011
    Spanaway,WA
    actually if your using an lg, i believe yours supposed to remove one of the plugs when they start hatching....not sure though ?? Anyone else?>

4. Chickiebabyfluff

Apr 13, 2011
    NorthEastern Ohio
    Quote:completely zipped and i can see the lil beak poking through and its trying desprately to pop out of the top!! i am using a hovabator 1602n with a fan installed baby is chirping LOUDLY!!!! IM so excited!!

Last edited: May 14, 2011
  5. Nikkumz

Mar 24, 2011
    Spanaway,WA
    Awww!! post some pics!! I wanna see, what breed is it? can you maybe hold your finger over the hole around the straw so you dont let too much air out when you pull the plug?

6. Chickiebabyfluff

Apr 13, 2011
    NorthEastern Ohio
    Quote:It is a black silkie!! And you were right bout the humidity it has shot up to 63% so ima leave it alone!!!!! [​IMG] Am working on pics now

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by