1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

If I could just save them all.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by kuntrygirl, Jan 7, 2011.

1. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
  2. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    It stinks, but at least the silly owner is thinking about her baby. Bleh.

3. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Quote:You're right. I guess that I'm upset about how they worded it.[​IMG]

4. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    It really bothers me when people have children and then suddenly decide their animals need to go. What's wrong with raising a child with the animals? Many people raise children and have animals at the same time, it's not like the two are mutually exclusive. [​IMG] People who are going to have children and then not want the animals any more when they do shouldn't get animals in the first place.

Completely adorable little chihuahua. I hope he finds a wonderful home. She didn't even bother to post his name, likes/dislikes, or anything...

5. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    Quote:You're right. I guess that I'm upset about how they worded it.[​IMG]

Agree.

It is more likely this person is a scammer--or someone who "adopts" dogs for free and then sells them on CL. The lack of wording tells me this isnt a "real" pet owner.

6. heather112588

heather112588 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2010
    Baltimore, MD
    at least they posted it to find a home. Where i live people just drop animals off; every 3 weeks there is another stray/drop off around. It makes me sick! The worst one i ever saw was an old beagle dragging something, we thought it had a collar and leash; It had an extension cord wrapped around its neck ... [​IMG]

7. elizabethbinary

elizabethbinary Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    How old is that chihuaua? It doesn't look old? Was the baby a surprise? Like, "Gee I'm a bit hefty, WHOOPS a baby, just slid right out - gonna have to get rid of Freckles now." I'm serious - it's not like she didn't have nine months to plan for 'dog has to go' or anything. Childbirth, for the most part, isn't a wild surprise.

8. stanglover2001

stanglover2001 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2010
    Poor dog, probably got it when it was tiny and cute and now it has issues that they don't want to deal with. They probably can't afford to feed it either, hopefully they know kids aren't disposable when they have a second one.

9. kla37

kla37 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Hillsborough, NC USA
    Or it could really be a new baby. Lots of dogs don't adjust to that well. I would never keep a dog in the house that couldn't handle a baby when I had one. Even a small dog like that could cause a lot of harm to new baby. And, most people put their human children on a much higher level than their pets. I got rid of my cat when it started hissing at and swiping at my son when he was a baby, and I'm not in the least ashamed of it, or regretful of it.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
  10. TrystInn

TrystInn Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2009
    Southern Arizona
    I don't think I'll ever understand this mentality. Any of our pets, should we be unable to care for them, have a host of people who would gladly stand up and take them into their own homes because our friends love our pets. When we made out our wills, we actually had some trouble choosing only one person per pet because we had several folks who wanted the same one.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by