If I ever win the lottery, I am having a big walkin cooler installed

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by eggcited2, Aug 3, 2010.

1. eggcited2

eggcited2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    Illinois
    Oh my gosh. I hate taking prednisone cause it causes hot flashes several times a day. As if at my age they aren't doing that enough on their own!

I wish winter was here. What a wonderful time of the year! [​IMG] I spend so much time just standing around outside in the freezing temps. They are heaven on earth.

I have at least another week of prednisone and I am miserable. This morning I was shopping at our local walmart. They are totally remodeling the store. I was back by their coolers for the ready made salads, cheese, etc. They have them emptied out but still running. I had a major wave of heat hit me and I would have loved to have just laid down on one of the shelves with that cool chilled air flowing all around me. [​IMG]

I swear, if I ever win the lottery, instead of a fancy car or mansion or any of the other typical things winners buy, I am going to buy a nice big walk in cooler, have it installed with comfy seating and use it just for hot flashes!!!! [​IMG]

And I bet a lot of my friends will come over to visit me and my cooler a lot, too. [​IMG]

Now if you all will excuse me, I am going to go stick my head under cold running water and see if that will cool me for at least a little bit. [​IMG]

2. JetBlack

JetBlack Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2010
    Coeur d'Alene, ID
    My girlfriend lives on the top floor of a 4 story apartment complex. When it's 100* outside, her place used to get soooooo hot. At night, she'd take a spray bottle and spray the top sheet, until it was soaked. It would stay damp/cold for a long time. Such relief!!!! I can't imagine taking meds that make you hotter, in the summer! Ugh. I feel pity for you [​IMG]

3. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

OY, Gran was on those now and again for years... never once mentioned heat issues.

Her main concern was the weight she'd pack on. Being 6', and large framed, she was never a tiny woman, but that stuff made her eat constantly and with her breathing problems (reason for the stuff in the first place) she couldn't exercise so she'd end up with a belly. Skinny arms, skinny legs, but basically a beer gut.

I had a shot of steroids once, tonsils were about to close off my throat, that shot hurt my derriere but what caused issues was the moodiness. Lasted for two freaking days. Like PMS on... well steroids. That alone was enough for me not to want them again... I hate snapping at people who don't deserve it. But add in the weight gain and hot flashes... phew I'm thanking my stars. Appreciate the heads up as that is one symptom no doc has ever mentioned! If I had to take them again I might think I was going menopausal uber early, yikes, so thanks for that tip!

And I don't have to be hot flashing to appreciate the cooler idea... that's brilliant anyways... like the reverse of a sauna! Ohhh you know... you could build the inside like a sauna (is it cedar?) and then it'll be all spa like... AND in the winter/after steroids are over you could actually use it as one... how cool would that be?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by