If I hatch chicks, would anyone take them? (Indiana/Kentucky)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by JenniferJoIN, Dec 14, 2007.

1. JenniferJoIN

JenniferJoIN Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    After reading all the trials and joys of hatching eggs, I want to give it a try... but I don't need any more chickens! I want to try and design my own incubator and give it a whirl. (Using Miss Prissy's designs as a crutch)

So anyone near Salem, Indiana (about 30 minutes north of Louisville on 65) be willing to take chicks if I did hatch some?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2007
  2. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    I have never had a problem getting rid of my extras....I post a sign at my feedstore or online here....

3. JenniferJoIN

Sep 10, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    I think if I find someone beforehand who would be willing to take a couple, I could convince DB more easily to let me try and hatch some! [​IMG]

4. peeps7

peeps7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    I wouldn't tell DB, but I'm a bad girl, LOL. [​IMG]

5. lannabun

lannabun Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2007
    indiana
    your like 3 hrs south west of me [​IMG] although lol i did see someone on eggbid from there who as geese eggs id like t o get .. hummm dh would hang me for a road trip ..

6. JenniferJoIN

Sep 10, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    I don't even know if I COULD hatch any, but I would like to try. The engineer in me is itching to design something cool! [​IMG]

7. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I'll warn you tho that with me I get way more attached to the ones I hatch than the ones I've ordered from a hatchery. .....certainly harder for me to part with them!!

8. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Hey Jennifer...whatcha gonna hatch?? I am about 30 minutes from Seymour Indiana....I bet I can find room for more...if you dont tell DH!! LOL

9. anniemyth

anniemyth Out Of The Brooder

Nov 14, 2007
    Clark county, Indiana
    yeah, I would help out by taking a few as well. I am in Clark county just down from Scott county.

Hey, I am an engineer too! what flavor are you? [​IMG]
    Let me guess. Chemical?

10. JenniferJoIN

Sep 10, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    Yay!! 2 is even better than one!!

I'm going to start working on my plans for the bator this weekend!

Deb- I'm sending you a PM!

And Annie, I'm not a Chemical... they wouldn't want me mixin' chemicals! [​IMG] I'm mechanical. I'm sending you a PM too!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by