If I have to....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gritsar, Jan 12, 2011.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    tote one more jug of hot water out to my coops I may just go insane! [​IMG]

I wish you northerners would take this cold weather back up north where it belongs. [​IMG]

2. poultrycrazy

poultrycrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    :)
    I have to do the same thing but in my oppinion its easier than taking the waterers in. [​IMG] And we also have a sled to pull the jugs out to the coop so its not that bad.

3. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Wah!

You wanted to wake up Jan. 2nd - this is what you get - next time ask to wake up in early spring! [​IMG]

JK - It sucks to keep taking them water - mine have taken to eating the snow to supplement. Their water freezes pretty fast here.

4. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Yes, bringing the waterers in means cleaning and filling them in the tub. Old house, the tub drains slowly, so I'd end up having to clean waterers and then clean the tub! [​IMG]

5. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    i wish i could help....but i am stuck in snow. we have exactly 2 foot of snow. so sorry you have lug hot water.
    i myself made the coop trip a dozen times already. i know the feeling.[​IMG]

6. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    And to think some people pay money to work out at a gym.....

7. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Ain't that the truth! I get enough exercise with these critters tyvm.

8. WIChookchick

WIChookchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    Rural Brooklyn, WI
    I can assure you that as soon as the Green Bay Packers win or lose against the Falcons.. the frozen tundra will come back north!! LOL [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    I'm with you, Grits! I didn't sign on for this when I moved to TN. Highs in the 40s/lows in the 20s I can deal with. Snow for three days running is just WRONG!!! My poor chickies are going stir crazy out there. I have started carrying the cell phone with me so when I slip on the ice and break a hip while slogging gallons of hot water out to the coops, someone possibly will find me before spring. Ugg. I am over the snow and cold!!

Alrighty now, ya dang yankees! You won the war. You can keep your snow up there with you now! [​IMG]

10. TerriLaChicks

TerriLaChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    " I have started carrying the cell phone with me so when I slip on the ice and break a hip while slogging gallons of hot water out to the coops, someone possibly will find me before spring."

OOOOOOOO good idea! I will have to start doing that, too!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by