If I stare hard enough I can see rocks move...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Christie Rhae, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Christie Rhae

Christie Rhae Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2010
    Big Island, Hawaii
    [​IMG]
    seriously... I stare at my eggs in the hatcher and can swear I see them moving. No one else can but me. I think I am willing them to move. Or I have lost my mind! [​IMG]

2. nurseshelly

nurseshelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2011
    Gilbert AZ
    Quote:LOL, you are probably really seeing them move. I thought the same thing, but the ones I thought I saw move out of the corner of my eye, were always the first ones to pip and hatch. So I think I was just focused on one egg, and seeing the other move with my peripheral vision. So I was never sure I saw it, but in retrospect think it really did. LOL!

3. Lark Rise

Lark Rise Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2011
    East Central Georgia
    They move for me, too! We can't both be crazy....unless staring at eggs counts as going crazy![​IMG]

4. Christie Rhae

Jul 5, 2010
    Big Island, Hawaii
    Ok add to that... If I listen hard enough I can actually hear rocks peeping. Lol
    I swear I hear faint little peeps. Then I will think "did I really hear that or did I imagine that I did?"
    [​IMG]

5. CorgiHouse

CorgiHouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2010
    Boring, OR
    What color rocks are you hatching?

6. Christie Rhae

Jul 5, 2010
    Big Island, Hawaii
    Quote:Lol marans colored rocks. So dark I couldn't see movement when I candled before lockdown.
    These rocks if they were to hatch would be lovely solid blue marans. Sigh... Lol

7. CorgiHouse

CorgiHouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2010
    Boring, OR
    Quote:Lol marans colored rocks. So dark I couldn't see movement when I candled before lockdown.
    These rocks if they were to hatch would be lovely solid blue marans. Sigh... Lol

Nice!! I love blue Marans.
    Guess I should have put a smiley by my previous question so you knew I was being funny! But you got it anyway. [​IMG]

Good luck with hatching - it sounds like there are some there just waiting to bust out. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

8. the1honeycomb

the1honeycomb Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2010
    Yadkinville NC-3yrs
    mine are under my hen and she is soo protective I couldn't see unless I stole one from her!!!
    Jealous!!![​IMG]
    Mine are due Aug 5th

9. Christie Rhae

Jul 5, 2010
    Big Island, Hawaii
    I have a batch of blue/black ameraucana due on the 5th as well. Gonna be a long week of staring at eggs.... Why do I do this to myself? Oh yeah... Cuz I want baby chicks! Lol

10. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

The first time I heard an egg peep in the incubator I thought I was imagining things, too. Noop, not imagination- and isn't it thrilling?!?!?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by