if it's not my chicken....

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by OrpingtonManor, Jan 20, 2010.

1. OrpingtonManor

OrpingtonManor Building the Castle

Nov 15, 2008
    Martinez, CA
    I just received an email from a friend letting me know about a white male silkie that is currently in an animal control facility here in CA and is available to be rescued. Since the bird is not mine, is there a proper place/ way to post the details? The BSA system seems like it would need to be my own bird.

Thanks!

eta - edited for typos.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

It would be fine for you to post a $0 BIN listing for this. The only downside is if for some odd reason someone didn't understand and wanted to leave you negative feedback... but other than that it seems appropriate to post it there.

3. OrpingtonManor

OrpingtonManor Building the Castle

Nov 15, 2008
    Martinez, CA
    thanks, Rob! I got the email yesterday, but am not sure the silkie is still there. It isn't listed in the shelter's "other pets" list. I will follow up today with the shelter, to make sure before posting it in BSA. Thanks.

I'll try to be very clear about why I'm posting. I'm not too worried about negative feedback potential. I'm not going to be selling hatching eggs anyway. I guess if I plan to sell other chicken-related things, it might be a problem, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by