if it's not one thing it's another

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by MayhemMarr, Sep 14, 2016.

1. MayhemMarr

MayhemMarr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2016
    Michigan
    Well in a house with 5 boys one in diapers (cloth diapers) as you can imagine we have a TON of laundry. and JUST as I was getting a handle on the beast our washer BROKE [​IMG]so now I have to wait gods know how long to get a tech out here (in BFE) to fix it and Mordor (laundry room) is bound to heap up AGAIN.... UGH I need another pot of coffee

2. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    [​IMG]

I have three boys, none in diapers, and I can't imagine.

Do you have a friend you can haul laundry to? I'd let you come run a few loads and visit, but I think it's a bit far [​IMG]

3. MayhemMarr

Sep 2, 2016
    Michigan
    I can go to my mothers but the pain is in the diapers don't really want to have them in the van[​IMG] I think I might have to hand wash those.

oooohhhh ummm maybe on our next vacation we can swing by I am sure to have some laundry then too [​IMG]

4. Outpost JWB

Outpost JWB Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2014
    Ohio
    So sorry your washer went out at such an inconvenient time....I know what you mean! I was cooking potatoes in the microwave last night and all the sudden the microwave quit. It still counts down....but doesn't cook. Fuse blown 2 minutes into cooking them. Had to heat up the oven on a hot day.

Ohio is closer than Oregon. :D I have a washer.

5. MayhemMarr

Sep 2, 2016
    Michigan
    dude I swear all these convenient things are not very convenient when they decide to break.

OOOO and I am familiar with Ohio used to live in Columbus and we have a microwave that sorta works [​IMG]

6. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    I'm sensing a new swap page!

"I'll swap you a load of laundry for half a dozen baked taters"......[​IMG]

Of course, the caveat is anyone who leaves here has to take a mixed breed cockerel with them.....that might cut down on my visitors [​IMG]

7. MayhemMarr

Sep 2, 2016
    Michigan
    YES a swap and barter page! I love it honestly I think many economical issues would be solved if we went back to the old ways of bartering

I don't have any taters [​IMG] I make bread and cakes with them they don't stay long round here

ummm yeah no we have one cockerel and that is plenty no crowing yet and he is like 7-8m and super nice with the kids I will take my luck and RUN

8. MayhemMarr

Sep 2, 2016
    Michigan
    OOOO today between 3 and 6 pm someone will be here to fix the washing machine

greeeaaaaat not like I have a MOUNTAIN of laundry or anything like that slowly taking over my hall way OR a load of diapers that I NEED to strip and wash that's cool bro I can just hang out all day in my pjs

9. Outpost JWB

Outpost JWB Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2014
    Ohio
    I got a new microwave last night! Things are looking good here :D

10. MayhemMarr

Sep 2, 2016
    Michigan
    sweet!!!
    Got a load done before bed gonna get diapers in this morning things are going good I even pan on baking cookies today

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by