if my 2 year old takes his diaper off one more time.... updated...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by smom1976, Nov 15, 2008.

1. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    Well he is almost 2 he will be 2 in Jan... For about 2 months and lately all the time.. he has been taking his diaper off.. and pooping to boot. He will go first then take it off but today he took it off first then pooed and drug it all over the room.. he is a pooo monster.. he will go back into his room and start playing all good and quiet.. then either come out with suprise all over his leggs or this morning started screaming .. I guess it was too much for him too.

this too shall pass... but the poo is getting thick around here.. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 21, 2008
  2. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    When he takes his diaper off sit him on the toilet and tell him the tidy bowl man wants his poo. Good luck [​IMG]

3. AhBee01

AhBee01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    yo. ohio
    duck tape! I had to do that or put his diaper on backwards,but that only lasted a few days!
    Sounds like he is ready for the potty! My son was poop trained before he was pee trained!
    I feel for you!
    Brenda

4. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    My almost 2 year old (born in March) does pretty much the same thing. I've started pinning his cloth diapers on. Can't take those suckers off! [​IMG]
    Although he expresses a lot of interest in the potty chair, he hasn't 'used' it. He'll sit on it when anyone else goes, stand up and flush. LOL But my first son didn't potty train himself until 3 months shy of 3, so I'm sure I'm not even close right now.

5. rubyv67

rubyv67 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2008
    Daggett,CA
    Don't feel bad, my 6 year old with Down Syndrome does it too. Poo flung from the diaper accidently and all. Even with consistent training .All my I allowed to go until they were ready. I have 5. The oldest wouldn't go until he could reach the toilet. We made little paper boats to shoot and a skittle every successful try. ( I didn't allow candy, too hyper). The only one pushed had accidents. Be patient, I'll send lots of mommy prayers your way. [​IMG]

6. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    I'm a big fan of naked potty training - especially for boys.

I bought a bunch of those little pottys from the $1 store and put one in every room of the house. When he would start to pee, I'd set him on the potty. He made the connection really fast. He was much easier than my girls.

If you'd rather keep the diaper ON - try putting them on backwards - it might take him a while to figure it out. I used a lot of onesies with the snap crotch - you could reinforce with a safety pin.

Sending good thoughts your way!

7. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    my little DD 2 back then deceided to take her diaper off outside. A car drove by and the moon was shining at a college age girl and her mom [​IMG]. THey had to laugh so hard that they pulled over . I grabbed my little streaker and ran inside. Now i am just glad when she keeps her diaper on which she is usually pretty good at. But for some reason she has no hip or but to keep them in place and sometimes when she runs they just fall down even with size 3 on.

8. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    From the movie 'Raising Arizona'....

Riley, now you take that diaper off your head and you put it back on your sister where it belongs..

9. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Thank you so much for reminding me of why I am glad my youngest is now 7. [​IMG] Some days I miss having them younger....things like this remind me how lucky I am. [​IMG] Oh, and good luck. As you said, this too shall pass.

10. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    my daughter did the same thing and then she would paint her room with poo [​IMG] [​IMG]

i got the pj's thet are one piece and put them on backwards so she could not reach the zipper..worked like a charm!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by