If not for bad luck...I would have no luck at all!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sheps4her, May 7, 2011.

1. sheps4her

sheps4her Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2008
    Guilford County, NC
    So I finally find someone who has nice looking Delawares who have some youngsters available, who are within an hour and a half drive from me. So I jump on the chance to go see them. Hubby and I pack up the family in the "reliable" car and head out excited about our (hopefully) new additions. We get within FIVE minutes of our last exit and the car starts shuddering like it is going to fall apart. We pull over thinking that a tire blew. I was annoyed, but it was just a tire right? [​IMG] Wrong! Apparently the car decided to have an oil leak on our journey and it looks like the engine has seized up. [​IMG] We were stranded on the side of 85 for an hour before someone was able to come get us. The car, is still there. I guess it is not in the cards for me to get nice birds right now. The new challenges: How to get the car back, How will I get to work and the kids to school now, How on earth am I going to get another car. Oh yeah, and there is a lizard under my oven.
    Thanks for letting me vent.

2. hikerchick

hikerchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    Dover, PA
    Oh my this sux. I am sorry for your troubles. I am glad that no one got hurt.

3. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

I feel ya........ It feels like I've been doing this lately :

------
    \\
    \\
    \\
    \\
    \\
    \\
    \\
    \\
    \\
    \\
    \\
    \\ [​IMG]
    ---------------------

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    That sucks chicken eggs... [​IMG]

5. whiteflare

whiteflare Out of the blue

Mar 13, 2011
    Sydney
    [​IMG]

I hate getting stranded places. It frustrates the... well, chicken eggs outta me [​IMG]

6. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    I totally freak when my car breaks down. Never fails my cell phone won't work or its battery is nearly dead. Sorry about the lizard under your oven. At least it wasn't a rat.

7. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    Been there, feel your pain. All in good time for the chickens. Hope you're able to find something soon for transportation.

8. sheps4her

sheps4her Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2008
    Guilford County, NC
    thanks everyone. [​IMG] I am thankful no one was hurt, and yes, a rat under the oven would definately be worse!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by