IF (really big IF) I have to sale....would anyone be interested?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Chickfever, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Chickfever

Chickfever Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2007
    Southwest VA
    I have obtained numerous chickens in the past couple of days....with more due to hatch in the next week or two....and more eggs possibly on the way....IF I have to sale some, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in them.

I have some pullets (about 8 wks old)....their mothers were either a RIR or Buff Orpington as were their fathers....so they would either be 100% BO or 100% RIR or 1/2 of each. Would anyone be interested in them?

DH is very understanding right now, but....I may be pushing him with my infatuation.... [​IMG]

2. HobbyChickener

HobbyChickener Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2007
    central KY
    Where are you? I might be looking for hens. How much?

3. jessied1227

jessied1227 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2007
    East Brady, PA
    Where are you located??

4. Chickfever

Jul 22, 2007
    Southwest VA
    I'm located in the southwestern tip of Virginia....about an hour from Pikeville, KY.

5. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    I'm looking to buy some RIR hens in the next few weeks, Where are you located?
    Opps, now I see.
    Too far. Dagnabbit.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2007
  6. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

You could try posting in your local craigslist. I've had good luck with that.

7. Chickfever

Jul 22, 2007
    Southwest VA
    I looked up my closest craiglist....(listing is of a place 2 hours from me and in a diff. state)....nothing close to me [​IMG]. Not sure anyone would travel this far....

As for price.....?? No clue. I've never sold chickens before....How much do they normally sell for? [​IMG]

8. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Oh, for craigslist, it doesn't have to be in your city. You choose the city that is closest to you and post there. It's community run. In the seattle craigslist, people on eastern WA post in it. That's like 300 miles away.

For pricing, I would go with what you think is reasonable. I sell day old chicks for 2-5 dollars depending on type and quality of bird, with pullets being 15 or so and year old hens being 10 or so. Roosters I just sell butchered for $2 a lb.

9. Chickfever

Jul 22, 2007
    Southwest VA
    Bumping this up just in case. I candled my bator eggs last night and 16 of the 20 have moving chicks inside [​IMG]! If they all make it, that will make 42 chickens for us!! The ones in my bator are black sexlink and brown leghorn mix. Would anyone be interested in those?

10. siz8003

siz8003 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Fitz.,NH
    If you could ship I would love them!!!!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by