1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

If the ee's are all pullets..... And I have a fertilized egg......

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by wyo-helpmeet, Oct 21, 2009.

1. wyo-helpmeet

wyo-helpmeet Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2009
    West TN
    So I got my first egg & it was fertilised ..... I asked you guys which of my ee's was a boy ..... Apparently my ee's are girls, and I have a fertilised egg, so maybe one of my standards has been a quiet one & been fooling me all this time?

Would one of these be a boy? My pics were coming out crappy because most of the little feathered friends were following me so closely. Every time I walk out you can practically hear them scream- FOOD & up they come running LOL, not to mention it was just beginning to get dark.

These were the best clear pics I could get of my "girls." I have 4 more that I need to get good pics of. So as I can, I'll get more taken & loaded of the others:

The Buff in question:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The only BR I have:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One of my RIR's:

[​IMG]

2. Whirlwind

Whirlwind Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Tuttle, Oklahoma
    These all look like girls to me??? All of your EE's did too.

3. wyo-helpmeet

Apr 23, 2009
    West TN
    And see, these are my most "roo-ish" looking ones..... 4 to go. Thank you so much for being patient with me. When I go to lock them up for the night, I'll try to get pics of the last 4 (3 more BOS's & a RIR).

[​IMG]

4. thecochincoop

thecochincoop Chillin' With My Peeps

don't know when you got your birds, but they can keep laying fertilized eggs for a while after being taken away from the roo

5. ArizonaDesertChicks

ArizonaDesertChicks Eggstactic for Pretty Eggs

Dec 8, 2008
    Glendale, AZ
    Quote:Agreed - these 3 look like pullets. I went back to your EE page to see if they were really girls and after seeing them, I agree with all the others there too - your EEs are also pullets.

6. wyo-helpmeet

Apr 23, 2009
    West TN
    I got rid of the 2 roos about 2 months ago.

7. Sillystunt

Sillystunt Master of the Silly

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    hummm, emaculate conception [​IMG] Or you have one sneaking out late at night to go see her boy friend........dang teens [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  8. sred98

sred98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Yep, those are all girls! I've never heard of it lasting 2 months...they usually say 2-3 weeks. 4 is a stretch. Maybe he was a super roo? [​IMG]

Shelly

9. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    I've heard of hens being fertile a month after not being with a roo. I wonder if 2 months is possible?

10. Whirlwind

Whirlwind Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Tuttle, Oklahoma

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by