If they eat like this NOW...

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by eenie114, Dec 10, 2010.

1. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

What'll happen when they're 15?! [​IMG] My 7 and 8 year-old brothers just devoured 17 waffles between them. Not a typo, seventeen waffles. And these ain't little Eggos, either! I'm talking big, homemade Belgian-style waffles with strawberry syrup. [​IMG] The 7 year old ate ten of the seventeen. I am afraid. Very, very afraid. [​IMG]

2. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Can you say "growth spurt"? Don't worry. They're growing boys. That, or you'll be seeing 10 waffles again, very soon!

[​IMG]

3. awesomefowl

awesomefowl Argues with Goats

Oh my, eenie, watch out!

4. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    I always know when one of my kids is about to outgrow her clothes when she suddenly starts eating as much as I do at breakfast.

"Time to buy new shoes."

5. eenie114

Did I mention they only stopped when we ran out of batter? [​IMG]
    Hmmm, makes me wonder if there was a bet going on. [​IMG]

6. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    Teenagers eat everything that isn't nailed down-they will quickly eat you out of house and home. Boys! My dh used to eat 10 hamburgers at a time when he was a teen. [​IMG]

7. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

A.T. Hagan :

I always know when one of my kids is about to outgrow her clothes when she suddenly starts eating as much as I do at breakfast.

"Time to buy new shoes."

EXACTLY!! And when they eat like birds you know you're safe (food and clothing budget) for a little while.

8. HeatherLynn

HeatherLynn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Kentucky, Cecilia
    Oh hon, that is nothing. I swear my nephew almost bankrupted us with his eating. We could take 20 to taco bell. well back when 20 was a TON of food. I could eat for less than 3. He would consume the rest and then want to go home for some home cooking. He and my brother could and would eat an entire tray of lasagna on their own. Hollow legs.

9. eenie114

I still think it was a contest. [​IMG] Being so close in age (the younger is adopted) makes them as competitive as you can get. [​IMG]
    But yeah, a growth spurt may have something to do with it.

10. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    My brother, who was 6'4 at the age of 14, would eat an entire box of Cheerios as a snack. Thirty minutes later he would eat an entire loaf of bread. Then he got into the weight building thing and would scramble a dozen eggs just for breakfast. A gallon of milk was a drop in a glass for him. He topped out at 6'8 at 18 years of age. He weighed 200# and was very thin for his height. He had this 5 qt blue ceramic bowl that he claimed as his and nobody tried to take it from him.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by