if ya ain't Dutch...(Dutch's g'friends pg 3)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by miss_jayne, Jan 3, 2009.

1. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    ya ain't much!

here's my 20 week old Delaware, 'Dutch'. just started crowing last week. (or howling, if you will.) pardon some of his dirty feathers, as some turkey gave him a poopy present!

we just love him to pieces and he's shaping up to be a good man.

keeping watch...

[​IMG]

hanging with the ladies...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 4, 2009
  2. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

He's so gorgeous, BBCS! I hope my little guy turns out like that! [​IMG]

3. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    thanks my ROCS! i hope he does too! handsome devils! [​IMG]

4. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    I'm a quarter Dutch, does that count? Oh wait, this was about the rooster. He is very handsome indeed! My grandpa was nicknamed Dutch!

5. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

[​IMG]

6. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    He is a handsome devil. I can't hardly wait for spring so I can add a couple of delawares to my rainbow flock.

7. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Quote:a quarter counts!

your grandpa musta been okay! my grandpa was nicknamed Shag, a term for rag clothes! always wearing overalls with tatters! [​IMG]

8. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Quote:well, Dutch has two ladies, maybe he'll hook you up! maybe if you send an autographed photo the girls will be extra generous. they loves them a Sam Elliot flick! [​IMG]

9. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT

your grandpa musta been okay! my grandpa was nicknamed Shag, a term for rag clothes! always wearing overalls with tatters! [​IMG]

Grandpa was awesome. He raised backyard chickens back in the 40s and 50s. My roo is named sort of after him and mostly for the fact he hatched on George Washington's birthday. My Barnevelders and Welsummers (breeds of Dutch origin) are named for some of my female Dutch ancestors. [​IMG]

10. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI

Grandpa was awesome. He raised backyard chickens back in the 40s and 50s. My roo is named sort of after him and mostly for the fact he hatched on George Washington's birthday. My Barnevelders and Welsummers (breeds of Dutch origin) are named for some of my female Dutch ancestors. [​IMG]

my great grandpa (same as i mentioned earlier) had a huge crop farm, but they always had chickens.

my Dutch is named after the original settlers of Delaware. we also have a cockerel Dellie named DuPont, a family that was prominent in Delaware.

the Dellie girls are Della-What and Della-Who.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by