If you are having a brainfart day...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by phaethona, Jan 19, 2011.

1. phaethona

phaethona Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2010
    Missouri
    just wanted to let ya know you're NOT alone! [​IMG]

so I have been on top of things all day. They're calling for 6-8 in. of snow today, so this morning I did a few things to get ready for it, got the kids home early, put the windshield wipers up, etc., and then I got the bright idea to go tend to the chicken coop even though my husband said he'd do it as soon as he got home from work. so I go out there...

"alright, first things first, any eggs? yep found one, hmm wonder why there's only one so far, oh well. okay now, food, yep it's low, better fill 'er up...voila. alright now water, yep need water too. man I hate wrestling with this stinkin' thing(it's big and akward) I can't wait till spring when I can just bring the hose out instead of lug this clunky thing all the way to the house, oh well."

as I'm filling the waterer: "dum-de-dum, man I'll be glad I did all this right now instead of after all the snow hits, dum-de-dum..."

I take the waterer back outside, proceeding to spill half of the water on me [​IMG]

"this @#%#@ waterer! enough to drive a person nuts! just...make it...to...the...coop...PHEW! lord that things a pain! alright, plug it in, one last look around the coop, everything looks good, okay, back inside, it's freezing! sheesh, I really got soaked! and of course I had to wear my nice hoodie that has to airdry [​IMG], go figure, oh well it's only water, maybe I'll just hang it up for a while, better get the chapstick outta my pocket, can't go without that"

reaches into pocket...SQUISH!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

[​IMG] Water spilling on you is no fun.

3. Frosty

Frosty Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2008
    ND
    I have a 6 gallon water jug that I fill and carry water out. Keeps me from spilling water all over me.

So you squished your one and only egg? [​IMG] I am always paranoid about putting them in my pockets... apart from the fact that with my luck I would forget it there and not wear that jacket for a month, I am also paranoid that I'll slip and fall with the eggs there.

4. phaethona

Apr 13, 2010
    Missouri
    Quote:yep, sure did. I wear sweatshirts a lot and so normally when I go check for eggs, I usually get anywhere from 1 to 4 at a time, and usually I remember to put them away as soon as I get back inside, but this stinkin waterer had me all wound up...and apparently I wasn't in multi-task mode [​IMG]

I've almost squished an egg in my pocket more times than I care to admit, once I left one in there long enough to do some chores around the house, get my daughter ready for her nap, and even laid down WITH her before realizing [​IMG]

5. stanglover2001

stanglover2001 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2010
    You're not the only one, only had 4 hours of sleep (not restful sleep mind you). Went and filled my car up after driving around doing errands, filled it up, put the gas filler back up, pulled my receipt off the machine... but wait it's not printed correctly. Go inside get another reciept, jump into my car and head down the road... 5 mins later THUNK! OMG WHAT WAS THAT? pull into anther gas station... my gas lid had closed and my cap was hanging outside of it [​IMG] I forgot to close it all up because of the wrong reciept it messed up my system I have to prevent that mistake.

6. Dunkopf

Dunkopf Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2010
    Kiowa, Colorado
    Went to the bathroom and forgot to unzip my pants. Yep, pretty common these days.

7. phaethona

Apr 13, 2010
    Missouri
    Quote:[​IMG]
    I had a friend some years back whose boyfriend drove off still attached to the gas pump! good thing he was close friends with the manager...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by