1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

If you buy egg cartons, who has the best price?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by gale65, Oct 29, 2011.

1. gale65

gale65 Chillin' With My Peeps

I prefer paper ones. Or the clear ones, but for some reason they don't seem like they'd be very sturdy-are they? I want the kind that look like the cartons you get from the grocery store. I don't plan on having a label or printing or anything. If I want to label them I can make my own.

2. peterlund

peterlund Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2010
    MA Cranberry Country
    Give away a few dozen eggs for a month or so to a few dozen different folk... Ask for their used cartons...... I have about 100 cartons "donated" from the happy recipients. If you need to sell large quantities and need to date stamp, then I don't know! Good luck...........

3. gale65

gale65 Chillin' With My Peeps

thanks but I don't want peoples' used cartons. As it says in my signature, I'm highly germophobic and I don't know where their cartons have been or what's gotten on them so I don't want them in my fridge. DH and I discussed it and to keep my anxiety from going overboard we agreed that it would be best to just buy cartons. I know some here have mentioned buying cartons so I'm just hoping to find the best price.

4. greenegglover

greenegglover Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I dont like the paper cartons....I like the styrofoam...easy to sanatize before you reuse them!

But if you insist to buy your own.... most places sell them starting around $0.35 a carton...plus shipping.

Edited to let you know about the APA show that is at the Indiana Fairgrounds. There is a booth sell brand new ones for that price....you can get in for $3 a carload. Theres a lot of birds there too....and booths! [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
  5. Pinky

Pinky Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    South GA
    I got mine at tractor supply for $.23 each.

6. peterlund

Jan 29, 2010
    MA Cranberry Country
    Quote:Oh............ Sorry. I can go on and on about this, but I will just grin. Good luck avoiding organisms on a planet that is covered in them......

7. peterlund

Jan 29, 2010
    MA Cranberry Country
    Quote:They were not sterile for 23 cents each. That is my point.

8. debs_flock

debs_flock Overrun With Chickens

Sep 14, 2011
    Shingle Springs, CA
  9. BusyBlonde

BusyBlonde Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2011
    Bessemer City, NC
  10. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY