1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

If you can...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by debilorrah, Nov 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a veteran.

2. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] I love that line.

3. debilorrah

Me too. It is true.

4. RabbitMage

RabbitMage Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    .. ..-. / .. / -.-. .- -. / .-. . .- -.. / - .... .. ... --..-- / - .... .- -. -.- / -- -.-- / -.. .- -.. / .-- .... --- / - .- ..- --. .... - / -- . / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . .-.-.-

5. MysticScorpio82

MysticScorpio82 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Maine, USA
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Q9

Q9 General Headache

...At the risk of offending people, I don't recall any point in time where we were under any remote threat of being overrun by a non-English speaking foreign power.

Don't take that the wrong way, though. It's hard not to be grateful to people who willingly risk their lives for us.

7. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:I'm not much of a history buff, but there are always dictators that dream of ruling the entire world. Hitler was one and we fought him in WWII.

8. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Quote:[​IMG]

9. Q9

Q9 General Headache

Quote:I'm not much of a history buff, but there are always dictators that dream of ruling the entire world. Hitler was one and we fought him in WWII.

It was just Europe, actually. He had no plans to conquer the planet. He wanted to prevent another WWI scenario where Germany could be starved out via blockade. Not justifying him, but it's a common myth that he wanted to rule the world.

10. debilorrah

Great minds think alike.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by