If you cant feel an egg in the abdomen

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by nikischicks, May 25, 2010.

1. nikischicks

nikischicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2009
    NE/Mid Ohio
    could there still be one in there stuck that you cant feel? Like higher up?

Last edited: May 25, 2010
  2. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Are you asking about egg bound issues?? I've not dealt with it, but I would think if you can't find anything down low, it's probably not that. Of course there is internal laying. What are your hen's symptoms?

3. nikischicks

nikischicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2009
    NE/Mid Ohio
    I had a hen lay one inside a couple weeks ago and it broke through her lining and was actually inside her guts. I dont really think that is what is wrong with this hen. she isnt sitting in the nest like the last girl and after a couple days she was immobile. I posted about this new one but no one anwsered. Two days ago this one became lethargic, she would come out with the rest of girls and go in but just kind of stood around. she has no other symptoms. she was picking around eating and drinking just not doing much. her crop was a little dense so im thinking it may be that. i have had her in a cage since 2 feeding her only yogurt and bread pieces with oilve oil and massaging her crop every so often.

she is pooping, a lot white with smaller green pencily looking poops. she is not as sluggish. if she had an impacted crop would she eventually poop a big one? im leaving her in the cage until i figure it out. i will the know for sure if she is laying.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by