If you could only have two breeds, what would they be?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Cats Critters, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

Mine would have to be EE and BA. Both are beautiful breeds, the EEs have pretty colored eggs and the BAs are good layers.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    What two breeds would you have?

2. txcarl1258

txcarl1258 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2010
    Pleasanton
    BLRW and B/B/S Ameracaunas...... as you can tell I like the color blue in chickens. [​IMG]

Unfortunately I don't have either at the moment, but that will change come spring!

3. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    I would have to go with the RIR & BO. My rir's are sweet & my bo's are gorgeous!

4. V Comb

V Comb Chillin' With My Peeps

Houdans & Silkies. [​IMG]

5. can you hear me now?

can you hear me now? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    If I could only have two breeds i would have to go with buff orpingtons and barred rocks. Bob good weight birds. The buffs go broody often enough and the barred rocks I had last time were good egg layers.

6. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    But EE's aren't a "breed." That's basically cheating. [​IMG]

If I could only have two breeds, they'd be true Ameraucanas and Marans. Awesome breeds, really good dual purpose, amazing egg color, very nice, calm, laid-back and friendly personalities, lack of aggression in males, wonderful challenge to breed for both body type and egg color.

Oh and if the rules say we can use those to crossbreed, I'd have Olive Eggers out of them too. [​IMG]

7. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Can I have THREE? she whined.

BR, BA, and EE.

8. punky rooster

punky rooster Awesome

Jul 21, 2010
    buckeyes and whatever I get next! [​IMG]
    punky

9. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

Quote:But I don't consider EEs crossed with another breed EEs I consider them EE crosses. So I am a little bit picky about what a EE is.
    Oh and if the rules say we can use those to crossbreed, I'd have Olive Eggers out of them too. [​IMG]

I'll count those too, but they have to be between your two breeds no other crosses that make olive eggers.​

10. D'Angelo N Va.

D'Angelo N Va. Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Oh God....Decisions Decisions...I would say Ameraucanas and Partridge Cochins....lovely eggs and beautiful birds with the cochins.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by