If you have a selling farm what insurance do you use?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by kahlertm, Nov 29, 2011.

  1. kahlertm

    kahlertm Chillin' With My Peeps

    Jun 28, 2010
    Durango, Colorado
    Do you cover yourself with an LLC...which by the way we have done. LLC covers you to an extent that a person can not sue you for everything you have for having become sick from your eggs or sick birds being sold. I am not a lawyer, but have been a small business owner and wife to a small business owner. There are many options. Legal zoom or sites like it can do this.

    What I am considering is whether this falls under a homeowner policy and if you have farm insurance who was a good carrier for you? I do not wish to drum up negative replies. Only positive suggestions.

    For instance, my animal behavior business had Hartford. It was the most "trainer" friendly option of companies. Now I know there has to be farm insurance somewhere. Any input?

    Thank you in advance.

  2. Stellar

    Stellar The Quail Lady

    Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    I cover myself with an LLC subsidy (spelling, it's combined with another family business)
    Still looking for a farm insurance, all I have is a home insurance.
  3. rittert3

    rittert3 Chillin' With My Peeps

    May 1, 2009
    Ks (Manhattan area)
    Hmm is this something I should consider? My birds won't bring in more than $100 a month, would it be worth it?
  4. Oregon Blues

    Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

    Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    Get farm insurance with liability. The Farm Bureau offers a good policy.

    Mutual of Enumclaw used to offer farm insurance, don't know if they still do, but they always had a reason why they didn't have to pay a claim. I very much would never recommend them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by