backdoorchicken

Songster
10 Years
Jul 14, 2009
newport news va
i highly recommend it.

http://www.jr.com/bonjour-products/pe/BJR_53385/
738982.jpg

Why does a French press deliver a superior cup of coffee? When you prepare coffee with a French press, no filter is required. You simply add the coffee to the press followed by hot water. The coffee is allowed to brew for around four minutes. Then, the plunger is pushed down to separate the coffee grounds from the freshly brewed coffee. Because a paper filter isn’t used, there’s no opportunity for the aromatic essential oils to be soaked up by the paper which means more flavor ends up in your cup. Another reason why brewing coffee with a French press delivers more flavor is the fact that hot water completely surrounds the coffee beans, allowing the full flavor to be extracted from the beans.​

Quote:
it just is. much better tasting, smoother. what coffee is suppose to taste like in my opinion.

Oh, if it's smoother, than I would love it! Thanks. I'll have to keep this in mind!

I just posted about my fresh roasted coffee that I roast myself here, so won't repeat: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=2804502#p2804502

I
have used a french press for years. Wonderful. I have the french press in the picture in a small size, and a bodum (my favorite if drinking alone) and a larger one that has stainless steel parts. I must admit, that if the bodum had all stainless steel parts, it would be perfect. I have replaced the bottom piece (the support for the filter) many times. Check this out before buying, unless you are paying less than $10 for it.

Oh I forgot, I do like that the bonjour is unbreakable and I use it for travel and camping. It is a nice convenience, is harder to use somehow.

The only thing better than a good cup of coffee is a talk with my chickens.

Last edited:
I've always been curious about those, and I have a question. Is the coffee any cooler than normal when using one of these?

BTW, I recently tasted some of the best coffee ever, from www.highergroundroasters.com. (No affiliation, etc.)

Back
Top Bottom