If you knew someone who was doing something very dangerous and stupid

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by luvmychicknkids, May 15, 2009.

1. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    what would you do? . This person really is a few fries short of a happy meal anyway, so I am not 100% sure she is responsible for EVERYTHINGS she does. Anyway, she lost yet another job, got hired at another one, never showed for that, and has now magically found herself unable to get hired ANYWHERE. She has quit or been fired multiple times at pretty much everything for which she is qualified. So, she is going to lose her apartment and to solve that problem she formed a plan. She is writing multiple men on the internet (none of whom she has even met) and asking if she can move in with them. She won't liten to reason but I think she is going to get herself killed. Should I just sit back and watch it happen? She is NOT staying here. She is filthy, won't work, eats everything she sees and my kids can't stand her.

2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Does she have family that you could express your concerns to? If you've made your concerns known to her and she refuses to listen then I'd say you just need to step back from the situation. Is there any chance she's talking this hair-brained idea with the men to get you to invite her into your home? I'd say run the other way if there is.

3. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    It sounds like some sort of mental imbalance that needs professional help. Probably a combination of brain things going on there.

I'd steer clear unless she looks like she might physically harm herself.

4. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    No, she would gladly move in with one of them if they said alright.....probably before she would stay with me. She is so desperate for a man she doesn't care how she gets one anyway. I thought about calling her sister (the only family she has that will even speak to her anymore) but she has health problems and is raising her grandchildren. She has taken care of her several times before but doesn't need that responsibility on top of everything else she has to deal with. I am really thinking I should just ignore it, but I have that nasty little part of me that would feel guilty if something bad happened.

As for physically harming herself, she called 911 one to report she had attempted suicide. She was rushed to the hospital where they discovered she had lightly scratched her arm with her fingernails and never even broke the skin...THAT was her suicide attempt. I don't think she will hurt herself, but these men sure might.

Last edited: May 15, 2009
  5. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    Whatever happens remember, you cannot reason a person out of a position they didn't arrive at in that manner.

6. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    wow, other than the filthy part, sounds like how my x wife turned out. You from the Michigan area?

All kidding aside, if she won't listen to reason at this point, I'd maybe talk to family if there is any, and be a shoulder to cry on. She obviously won't listen to your good sense so......... why crush a friendship?

7. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

Sometimes people just need to make their own mistakes. Sounds like she is a few bricks shy of a load. Ill do what I can by just praying for you both! one for you to not be guilt ridden about it....it is not your fault even though you care...you don't have control nor do you want it. two, she made her bed...................

8. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Well, she really isn't a friend...not sure what I would call her. I do sometimes refer to her as my hemoroid. LOL She is someone who attached to me like a leach when I moved here from Alaska (she was renting from my mother at the time) and I felt sorry for her.

9. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Quote:I LOVE this!!!!!

10. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I'd say it's time to let her live her life and not let it worry you. We can't save everyone from themselves.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by