If you knew then what you know now...

gbartha

Chirping
Apr 21, 2016
I will be trying to incubate eggs for the second time in two weeks. I have a mini advanced brinsea which malfunctioned and all my eggs died.

If you could give any piece of advice for a sucessful hatch, what would it be. I will be getting eggs from a coworker who is unsure of the breeds of eggs. He has 14 different breeds. He does not mark his eggs.

I will be trying to incubate eggs for the second time in two weeks. I have a mini advanced brinsea which malfunctioned and all my eggs died.

If you could give any piece of advice for a sucessful hatch, what would it be. I will be getting eggs from a coworker who is unsure of the breeds of eggs. He has 14 different breeds. He does not mark his eggs.
Get yourself a second thermometer/hygrometer, with a remote sensor( there are tons on ebay). Use it to monitor your temp. and humidity, you cannot always trust what the digital bators are telling you. I have had my bator running for a week with 2 back-up thermometers in it and they have never all been the same, but I have gotten them within kissing distance of each other so I set my eggs this morning! Good luck with this batch.

Hi I am doing my first incubation right now. I read as much as I could about the incubator I was using and helpful hints from others that have used it before. temperature control and humidification are huge I know, as well as a shock protector for the plug, they are supposed to be plugged into the outlets that if water hit it it wouldn't matter. gfci or something like that. keep the lid on at all times and keep that temp at 99.5 when I turn the eggs the temp drops quickly. I wrap it in a towel to help as well as I put small stones in the water reservoir to help hold heat too.

Back
Top Bottom