1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

If you shop the Day After Thanksgiving..please read to SAVE MONEY :)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by HennysMom, Nov 26, 2008.

1. HennysMom

HennysMom Keeper of the Tiara

You can also shop ONLINE [​IMG] and get most of the deals you get in-store and some online only deals as well. MANY times you can start shopping at midnight vs. the 5:00 a.m. timeframe set in the flyers, use promotional codes (start looking now for them!) and get free shipping - all from the comfort of your home in your jammies and stay warm! [​IMG]

Start looking at those flyers now - write down items you see from what stores (ensure they are available online vs. in-store) and make sure you have "fast fingers" because they can go pretty fast. HINT: You can put these in your cart NOW and do a "Save for later" if that option is available so you know what items you want. The prices should adjust to the sale price, but not always, just double check!

I began doing this about 3 years ago instead of going out and fighting people (who can be very rude) after witnessing a fist fight between 2 women and their husbands over a portable DVD player and a flat screen TV [​IMG] in the middle of WalMart with their toddlers present - incredible.

Just thought I'd share for those that shop like me! [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 26, 2008
  2. Chicken Salad

Chicken Salad Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2008
    Frederick, Maryland
    okay.

3. HennysMom

HennysMom Keeper of the Tiara

Okay...but couldnt you have put your views in a separate thread?? [​IMG] I posted this to help those of us that do shop.

That just really bummed me out in a big way because I shop for deals to save $ on that day as I'm sure countless others do as well...given how tight things are in our economy today.

Thanks [​IMG]

4. Ms. Lewis Rich

Ms. Lewis Rich Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Henny,
    Thanks for the hints. I pretty new at shopping on line. But I hate the crowds the day after.
    Thanks again.

5. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    I totally love going out the day after thanksgiving.. this year we are flat broke so I am not going out (like my first time in 10 years) so instead I will go online...

feed two addictions...

BYC and SHOPPING lol

6. Buster

Buster Back to Work

What a great idea since DW refuses to get up that early and is a night owl. I will tell her. THANKS!

[​IMG] HennysMom

7. Laskaland

Laskaland ThE gRoOvY cHiCkEn

Aug 2, 2008
    Nebraska
    Quote:I am with you girl!! Jammies, chocolate and a diet pepsi with a warm blankie. Now THAT is shopping.
    This year especially they are offering more free shipping too, so there is NO question how I will finish my shopping!
    Christina

8. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Quote:So where to you find these "promotional codes"??

9. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    Quote:So where to you find these "promotional codes"??

ya where do you find them?

10. Laskaland

Laskaland ThE gRoOvY cHiCkEn

Aug 2, 2008
    Nebraska

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by