If you want silkie eggs you cant go past napalongtails...she rocks!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by aran, Jul 2, 2007.

1. aran

aran Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2007
    rochester ny
    I just had to post some feedback about the amazing service I have recieved from JJ / napalongtails.

Firstly she gave me 11 of her SQ bearded silkie eggs for $10! They arrived packaged perfectly and up the right way!
    Secondly she put up with and answered all my inane questions since I have no experience hatching eggs.
    And out of our 11 eggs 5 have chicks developing inside them as of day 12. This is basically 50% or thereabouts which from what I have read is pretty good for shipped eggs.

So imagine my surprise today when I got to the mailbox and find a box from JJ with another 8 eggs in it with a note simply saying that she hoped these extra eggs gave us a few extra peeps. She never told me they were coming or anything nor did I ever ask as we were very pleased with the first batch of eggs!

She has WAY exceeded my expectations and I am really glad to have gotten the chance to buy from her and pick her brains for all the knowledge she has about keeping and hatching silkies.

Thanks again JJ,

aran

2. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Wow! That is really nice!

3. aran

Apr 28, 2007
    rochester ny
    yeah i know...i emailed her to thank her for being so awesome but I dont think she has checked her mail yet as she hasnt written back. She has really been terrific from start to finish.

4. mamading

mamading Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2007
    Rhinelander, WI
    Wow aran!! That is GREAT!!!! You're a lucky duck! Or should I say Roo! LOL

Not having as much luck as you with my silkie eggs due to hatch the day after yours. I have two out of eleven that are doing great so far.

Good luck to ya, keep us updated!!

5. Napalongtail

Napalongtail Longtail Longtimer

Jan 31, 2007
    NE Washington
    You are welcome! Pay it forward...

6. Chellester

Chellester Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2007
    Nor Cal
    Napalongtail, I would be interested in purchasing some silkie eggs from you when you have more available. Please email me if you are interested. Thanks! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 4, 2007
  7. aran

Apr 28, 2007
    rochester ny
    today is day 14 and I candled last night...man its so exciting to see the lil guys moving in the shell! I could only DEFINITELY see 3 of the 5 moving around but im pretty sure the others were too...just it was late and my tired eyes were playing tricks i think! I will take another look in a couple of days.

JJ has the most awesome looking birds on her site..check out the pics.

8. Napalongtail

Napalongtail Longtail Longtimer

Jan 31, 2007
    NE Washington
    Michelle check your mail box.... [​IMG]

9. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    Great deal, aran!!! Silkies are wonderful and that is an awesome deal! Good luck with your hatch!

10. blue90292

blue90292 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2007
    Rosharon, TX
    napalongtail is great. i bought phoenix eggs from her and i got about 75% - 80% hatch. she packages her eggs really nice.

i ended up hatching:
    1 white roo
    3 white pullets
    3 silver roos
    1 silver pullet
    1 gold roo
    1 gold pullet

they are all doing very well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by